Chairman of the IMCU Board of Directors since 2006
Served on the IMCU Board of Directors for 42 years.
Other position held on IMCU BOD:
- *Chairman of Supervisory Committee
- *Chairman of Personnel Committee
- *Board Advisory for Public Relations
- *IMCU CUSO Board Chairman
- *Chair, Indiana Members Foundation Board
Experience: Retired Vice Chancellor of Administration and Finance, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis, a position he held for 13 years. Previous positions include: Vice Chancellor for Administrative Affairs; Assistant to the University Controller; Director of Administrative Affairs and Bursar. Employed at Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis for 40 years,
These Official Scholarship Rules are specific to the Indiana Members Foundation Robert E Martin (REM) Scholarship Program. By applying for this collegiate scholarship, each student applicant agrees to be bound by the Official Scholarship Rules.
Each applicant must:
- Be an Indiana Members Credit Union (IMCU) member in good standing with his/her IMCU account opening date no less than six months prior to the time of application.
- Be intending to study full-time (minimum of twelve (12) credit hours) at an accredited college or university in a two or four year undergraduate degree program, for the fall semester.
- Have a weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24.
NOTE: IMCU employees and IMCU employee’s relatives are not eligible for the REM.
There will be up to ten (10) $5,000 scholarships paid for a total of $50,000 in scholarships.
Dollar amounts available for scholarships may change on an annual basis, based on the financial commitment available from the Indiana Members Foundation.
Applying for the Scholarship:
Applications will be accepted annually from January 1 thru March 31. Complete and submit the online scholarship application form, found on the website www.imf4kids.org starting January 1, 2018. Submit the requested supporting documents listed below.
Documents can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (317-613-5028) or mailed to the Indiana Members Foundation, 5103 Madison Av, Indianapolis, IN 46227.
Documents required for submission include:
- Copy of most recent grades (including cumulative GPA)
- First year students, must submit a copy of college or university acceptance letter,
Selection of Scholarship Recipients:
Scholarship recipients will be awarded based on the quality of the student’s application, work experience, extracurricular activities, and future ambitions.
The scholarship applications will be reviewed and final decisions will be made by the REM Selection Committee. The REM Selection Committee will consist of 3 IMCU Executive Officers and 2 IMCU Board Members.
Announcing the Winners:
The scholarship winners will be contacted directly by phone and/or email. Once all recipients have been notified their names will be published on the Indiana Members Foundation website www.imf4kids.org . The REM Scholarships will be announced in a formal press release and awarded at an annual awards banquet to be held the last week of June by the Indiana Members Foundation.
Disbursement of Scholarships:
The scholarship proceeds will be for the Fall Semester.
A check will be issued directly to the community college or university.
Students must show proof that they are registered for at least twelve (12) credits during the
The funds may be used for any educational related expenses provided these expenses can be paid directly through the financial aid office.